Chicken Tikka Masala Skewers
These skewers are a great BBQ dish – you’ll love the spicy chicken tied together with the crunchy cucumber and mango slaw.
Tikka masala skewers
1kg boneless, skinless chicken thighs, chopped in to 6-8 chunks each
¼ cup Patak’s Tikka Masala Paste
½ cup plain yogurt
Cucumber & Mango Slaw
1 Lebanese cucumber
2 cups very thinly sliced green cabbage
1 large mango, peeled and chopped into chunks
½ red onion, diced
½ cup coriander leaves and stems, roughly chopped
½ cup mint leaves, roughly chopped
Zest and juice of 1 lime
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp mustard seeds, toasted in a dry pan until starting to pop
Steamed rice to serve
- For the skewers, combine the chicken thigh chunks, Patak’s Tikka Masala Paste and plain yogurt in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper, then stir well to fully combine and coat the chicken. Marinate for at least 15 minutes, or up to 24 hours covered in the refrigerator.
- Cook rice on the stove top or in a rice cooker if desired.
- Meanwhile, make the slaw by combining all the ingredients in a large bowl and tossing to combine.
- Soak 10-14 wooden skewers in cold water for 10 minutes, then thread the chicken pieces onto the skewers.
- Heat a barbecue hot plate or pan on medium-high heat. Cook the skewers for 4-5 minutes on each side or until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Serve skewers alongside the slaw and rice.